Sunday, September 28, 2008

Caching Sunday

After church today, I set out to have a caching day in Golden, Colorado. As usual, I made an ambitious list of caches to find, this time 33 of them. I failed to find 3 of the ones I ended up looking for. I also skipped quite a few because I didn't like the area or the lack of nearby parking. So, I ended up finding 18 today and did not break my record of 22 in one day. This ties for my second best day.

Almost all of the ones I found today were micros. Lots of pill bottles and quite a few cammoed containers in poine trees which I always have a hard time finding.

The best ones today were these:

Slim Pickens - a cache about 500 feet down a little used trail. Attached to a tree was a nose, two eyes and a mouth. The tiny cache was in the nose!

Ulysses 1.5 - In the cap of a chain link fence post.

A Stream Runs Through It - In the cap of a chain link fence post. I like this kind.

Colorado Spirit Quest #1 - The first in this series of caches. There are over 100 of them now. This one in Golden is in a pine tree right by Edward Berthoud's gravesite.

From the Halls of Montezuma - By the marine memorial in Golden. Nothing special about the cache but the sheriff did drive by while I was there. He didn't stop, though. Would have been fun if he did.

Walborn - Light pole cover caches are common. This one was full of bees. Good thing they were all dead.

No comments: