Saturday, May 24, 2008

Beeing a Cacher

Occasionally, geocachers run into hazards along the way. In my case, I have run into two problems recently. Today, I attempted to be the the first to find at a new cache called Desperate Measures. It is another cache along the Highline Canal. This one is a micro and is well camoed somewhere around a large cottonwood tree. I looked for it a little while all around the tree and then noticed a plethora of bees exiting from a large crack in the tree. So, that was enough for me at this one. I'll monitor the cache to see what others experience there. I did leave a note on the cache page about the bees.

A week or so ago, I was the first to find another cache in Chatfield State Park. A day or so later, I discovered that I had a rash in three spots on my legs and also on two fingers on my left hand. These spots have become worse over the week but I think they are finally turning around now. I read about poisin ivy and the fact that it does not spread but it might seem like it does because its effect might not appear in an exposed area right away. That seems to be the case with my current problem. I don't know if it's poisin ivy but maybe.

As a consolation, I was the first to find that cache last week and I got another one today a bit farther down the canal.

No comments: